Food Truck February continues for its fourth week of tasty eats with zero waste! This week is your last chance to get your very own limited edition VFM cozy and 16oz wide-mouth mason jar for our discounted $5 festival price… make sure you get yours this weekend! #FoodTruckFeb runs at both Nat Bailey and Hastings Park!
This week’s #MarketJar menu
- Melt City Grilled Cheese: Soup & Grilled Cheese-on-a-stick
- JJ’s Trucketeria: JJ’s Salad
- Le Tigre: CRACK on Rice
- The Schnitzel Shack: Lazy-Man Cabbage Rolls
- Aussie Pie Guy: Mini Anza Cookies
- The Kaboom Box: Veggie Poutine
- Super Thai Food:
- Yolk’s Breakfast: Yogurt Granola Parfait
- Chilitank.com: Beef and/or Veggie Chili
- West Best Coffee Roasters: Maples Syrup Latte
- The Bean Buggy: Mexican Hot Chocolate
Don’t forget to take a picture of your #MarketJar, post it on Instagram, tag @vanmarkets and you’ll be entered to win a farmers market #ZeroWaste survival kit!
Share a little food with your neighbours in need! Little Mountain Food Network will be at Nat Bailey every 2nd and 4th Saturday until the end of April. More details here
(also, not sure if you’ve noticed, but spring is coming to the farmers markets…. we’re welcoming back Good Time Farming, Bryan and Agnes Specialty Daffodils AND have added Golden Ears Cheesecrafters every single week!)
See you at the market!
This year’s Food Truck February is all about delicious food and zero waste. Wells Can is providing us with 16oz wide-mouth mason jars and we’ve got the cutest cozies to make sure your food (or drink!) stays at the right temperature. Pick up your very own signature jar and cozy and participate all February long for only $5!
Here’s a sneak peek of some of the #MarketJar meals you can fill up on this week at Nat Bailey:
- Disco Cheetah: pick up a Jar Salad that’s packed with protein and nutrients featuring quinoa, barley, greens, yogurt dressing, nuts, veggies and choice of Bulgogi Beef, Chili Chicken and Soy Tofu
- Aussie Pie Guy: one of the most locally-sourced items, get this Pepper Steak and Ale Stew that features veggies from Klippers Organic Acres, Forstbauer Family Food Farm and beer from Bomber Brewing!
- Yolk’s Breakfast: their yogurt parfait features layers of house-made granola, yogurt and fruit compote
- Feastro-the Rolling Bistro: Deconstructed Breakfast Taco – haven’t you always wanted to eat a taco in a jar?
- Eli’s Serious Sausage: Bratwurst-in-a-Jar – it’s a great way to go gluten-free and take advantage of all the sauces
- Chilitank: fill up your jar with chili and all the toppings!
Take a picture of your #MarketJar, post it on Instagram, tag @vanmarkets and you’ll be entered to win a farmers market #ZeroWaste survival kit!
In the tradition of Chinese New Year, the lion will make an appearance to dance and bestow good luck and fortune on local producers, in the hope that better weather will return for the 2016 planting season. The lion will forgo eating the usual imported lettuce during the ceremony this year in favour of seasonal greens that will be hung from stalls throughout the market.
Other New Year festivities at the market this Saturday include a red envelope give-away to shoppers, a visit from the Hua Foundation to promote their Seasonal Choi Guide, and local offerings like meat, fish, and vegetables to help shoppers prepare a healthy New Year’s feast for the family.
Water Bath Canning & Pressure Cooker Demos
Since we’re featuring jars this February, the experienced folks at Wells Can are onsite all month to help you make the most out of yours! This week they’ll have:
- On-site Calibration & Repair: Pressure Canners & Can Sealers
- Make your own Tin Can Coin Bank
- Canning: Hot water bath and Pressure Canning w/ Jars & Tin Cans
It’s a packed Family Day Long Weekend and lots to do for everyone. (Did we mention it’s Member Appreciation Day?)
See you at the market!
Happy New Year!
We’re back at Nat Bailey this Saturday after taking a week off for the holidays, find us in the same place, at the same time (Nat Bailey Stadium, 10am-2pm). Whether your 2016 resolution is to buy more local, reduce your food miles, eat healthier or eat more organic – the farmers market is the perfect place to start the New Year off right!
We’re kicking off the New Year with Member Appreciation Day! Membership helps provide core funds to Vancouver Farmers Markets, the registered non-profit, that creates thriving community spaces like the Nat Bailey Farmers Market. MAD is our way or saying ‘thanks’ to our member community for their support all year long. Keep an eye out for the rainbow member special signs or ask your favourite farmer if they have a member special. Don’t forget your member card!
Not a member yet? Sign up at the market info booth or online!
Starting this week we’re auditioning some brand-new vendors at Nat Bailey all January long. We’re excited to see what you think about vegan and nut-free baking, fresh, made-on-site pakoras, frozen meals made from scratch and more!
Look for the posters in our Pop-Up section at Nat Bailey, check out some of the new vendors and then let us know what you think! Should we invite them back? It’s up to you! Let us know what you think by tweeting @vanmarkets #NatBaileyPopUp!
This week’s Pop-Up Vendors:
The Pie Company – Our mission is use the freshest and best ingredients available to create exceptionally high quality savoury pies and pastries. A product that gives each customer an amazing food experience that leaves them wanting more.
- Mandair Farms & Country Village – making fresh, made-on-site pakoras! Need we say more!?
- Real Meals – Real Meals creates frozen meals made from scratch using a combination of organic and natural local ingredients that we deliver through out the Lower Mainland
Find more information about the Nat Bailey Pop Up HERE
2016 CSA Share Fair
Interested in a CSA but don’t know which is right for you? Come talk to the farmers & fishers who offer them. They will be ready to talk, answer questions and some may even take sign ups on January 16, 10-2, at the Nat Bailey Farmers Market. Vancouver Farmers Markets vendors offer everything from a pre-loaded ‘credit’ card, beastie boxes, weekly fruits and veggies boxes and more. Can’t make it to the fair? Check out our CSA Box Program page for farmer contact info.
See you at the market!