Dig In! Garden Fest at Trout Lake – May 28
asparagus, bok choy, broccolini, chard, chives, cucumbers, edible flowers, fennel, garlic scapes, green apricots, green onions, kohlrabi, leeks, radishes, rhubarb, salad mix, strawberries, snap peas, tomato starts, turnip greens, zucchini, zucchini flowers
This Dig In! Garden Fest, find shrubs, hanging baskets and veggie starts from the farmers themselves!
Farmer Koo, Organic Farm Connection, natural village, Albert’s Herbs & Nursery, Lowland Herb Farm, Sweet Fig’s Farm Collective, Christina’s Garden, Applebarn Pumpkin Farm, S&G Fresh Produce Ltd
Farmer Koo, G & K Gardens
South Grove Nursery, S&G Fresh Produce Ltd., Applebarn Pumpkin Farm, Lowland Herb Farm, Sweet Fig’s Farm Collective
Salt Spring Coffee
They’re our sponsors this year and will have cold brew on tap!
Special Dig In! Garden Fest Activities
- Build Your Own Terrarium with Sweet Fig’s Farm Collective and Figaro’s Garden – 10-10:45 & 12-12:45 (Cost: $20 and bring one home!)
- Compost Demonstrations with Robin Poirier of Backyard Boxes (11am & 1pm)
- Live Bee Box with Gus Axen – Richmond Beekeepers and Arila Apiary (ongoing)
- Garden Q & A with Vancouver Master Gardeners (ongoing)
- Facepainting with Tiare Jung (ongoing), Live Music with Brainchild (9-11:30am) and Terrarium (11:30am-2pm) and more!
Please share our event on Facebook and Twitter!
Walter Harvey is back and he’s bringing Rainier cherries – they’re early this year! First week for raspberries from Maan Farms and Mandair Farms too. This is the first week for Soban Organic Farm at Yarrow Ecovillage who bring delicious organic produce and usually have some beautiful hand-carved something to grace your table.
See you at the market!