This week’s recipe: Fresh Pea Hummus
Fresh Pea Hummus
by: Vanessa Vorbach
2 cups fresh shelled peas
3 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup of your favourite fresh herb. Dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or mint work great!
1-2 gloves of garlic
salt, pepper to taste
Optional: Dijon mustard
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add peas. Cook for about 2 minutes, drain and rinse them with cold water.
2. Add all ingredients in a food processor and pulse for about 30 minutes. Add a bit of water or oil if you like the consistency on the creamier side.
3. Adjust seasoning to your liking. Add more garlic, salt, or lemon to taste and some pepper
– as a dip with sliced cucumbers, carrots, celery, apple
– for sandwiches or lettuce wraps on a flatbread with grilled vegetables
– as a pesto with zucchini noodles, olives and capers
– on a sweet potato toast with sliced avocado