Big Holiday Draw!
Enter our annual fundraising raffle between November 15 – December 20 for your chance to win some amazing prizes!
Prizes up for grabs include a total of $750 in Market Money, a Beginners Climbing Package from The Hive Climbing Gym, a Harvest Community Foods CSA Box, a $50 Campagnolo gift certificate, a complete chiropractic health tune-up from Pacific Chiropractic, and much more!
Tickets are just $5 online, at the market info booth or the Big Holiday Draw ticket station found in the middle of the market. Get yours today and support your local farmers market!
Make sure to check out these new vendors:
- Dickie’s Ginger – your local Vancouver ginger beer company. We only use real ginger, no extracts or artificial flavours. It’s ginger beer perfection.
- Marie’s Guilt Free Bakery – Gluten and Egg Free bread, cookies, loaves, scones, and other treats.
- Ostro Organics Inc. – cold pressed organic oils and butter. unrefined, pure, raw and fresh. In addition to cold pressed we press under very low pressure to maintain the natural nutrients.
Our annual Holiday Market will be at the Croatian Cultural Centre on Saturday, December 6th from 10am – 4pm for all your gift-giving needs!
The Holiday Market is our seasonal showcase of craft and prepared food, and features over 80 vendors bringing you the best in local and handmade under one roof!
Food Scraps Drop Spot
Bring your food scraps to the market and we’ll take them offsite be composted for a $2 donation. Don’t forget to look for the new self serve instructions.
See you at the market!
We had another fantastic winter market last week full of sunshine, smiles and lots of tasty food! While the weather is getting a bit cooler – we’ve got lots to keep you warm at the market this Saturday! Including lots of hot food, drinks and you can even dance to some market beets!
Don’t miss these vendors:
- Creperie La Boheme – They’re back after taking a couple months off, stop by for a sweet or savoury buckwheat crepe!
- Empire Valley Premium Beef – Coming down only once a month with their pasture-raised, grass-fed beef. Don’t miss your opportunity to try some!
- Jobst-Hof Orchard – Coming from Oyama don’t miss a chance to try their red cherry juice – they’re only at the market once a month!
Win Big this Holiday Season!
Enter our Big Holiday Draw between November 15th and December 20th for your chance to win:
- 2 GRAND PRIZES OF $250 IN MARKET MONEY
- 5 PRIZES OF $50 IN MARKET MONEY
- 7 AMAZING PRIZE PACKAGES
Tickets are just $5 each and can be purchased online or at the Winter Markets.
See you at the market!
What a fantastic opening day! We hope you were there to experience the sunshine, good people, delicious produce and food-stomping tunes. We’re excited to bring it all back again on Saturday. Our market baskets went home full of fresh greens, hot peppers, heirloom tomatoes, heritage apples and fresh local turmeric! Wonder what we’ll get this week…
“Meat” some of the vendors who only come to the Winter Market at Nat Bailey:
- Lamington Heritage Farm: We raise our animals on our small family farm without the use of hormones or medications. Poultry are fully pastured, run free in the fields, and only go in the barns at night for protection. They have certified organic grain available to eat as well as the foraging they do on the fields. Our lamb and sheep are also pastured or receive hay. They receive minimal amounts of certified organic grain in their lifetime. The lamb is therefore slow growing and lean.
- K & M Farms: We grow chickens and turkeys outside on pasture. They are fed a vegetarian grain diet with no antibiotics or hormones. Ask us about our llamas… (Website)
- Outwest Ranches: We sell naturally raised beef, dog treats, free range eggs and fresh, frozen blackberries. Cattle are born and raised on our own farm, raised without growth hormones or antiobiotics.
Self-serve Drop Spot: Did you know you can bring your food scraps to the market? For a $2 donation, we’ll take your food scraps and bring them offsite to be composted for you. Come find us at the Info Booth for more details.
See you at the market!
(check out our Interactive Market Map for a full vendor list)
Brrrrrrr! There’s an unmistakable chill in the air these days, signalling the start of the Winter Market Season. Our ever popular Winter Market at Nat Bailey Stadium kicks off this Saturday, November 1st, from 10am – 2pm, and features a packed-out roster of farmers, food trucks, prepared food, and craft vendors.
Market fans now have two winter locations to choose from! Our Hastings Park pilot market runs every Sunday from 10am – 2pm until November 30. If you haven’t been to check it out, you’ll find us between the Forum and the Agrodome – click on this map link for more details.
This weekend is Membership Appreciation at the Markets. Bring your Member Card for free Market Money transactions and 15% off all merchandise at the Info Tent. Also look for the rainbow “Member Special” signs posted at vendor stalls throughout the market to save!
November Member Specials
- Blue Comet Seafoods – 10% off Wild Sockeye Salmon Fillets and Wild Ocean Silver Bright Chum Fillets – Hastings Park, Nat Bailey
- Chili Tank – Frozen Chili is back! 1 x 750ml for $10, 2 x 750ml for $19, 3 x 750ml for 27 – Hastings Park, Nat Bailey
- Chef’s Natural Sausage – 10% off Steak & Mushroom and Mild Italian Fennel Sausage – Hastings Park, Nat Bailey
- Cropthorne Farm – Organic Celeriac, $2/each (reg $3.50)
- Eli’s Serious Sausage – $1 off any Sausage – Nat Bailey
- Estevan Tuna – $1 off any package of Frozen Tuna – Hastings Park, Nat Bailey
- Farm House Natural Cheeses – Grass Fed Butter, $8.25/block. Sells out fast so come early so you don’t miss out! – Hastings Park, Nat Bailey
- Fresh Off the Boat Ocean Foods – 10% off Wild Sockeye Salmon – Hastings Park, Nat Bailey
- Ildiko Jewelry – 10% off all purchases – Hastings Park
- Jane’s Honey Bees – $1 off 1 kg jars of Honey – Nat Bailey
- Jennifer’s Jiffies – Grain Salad Mixes, $6/each – Hastings Park
- K&M Farms – Pasture-raised Chicken Drumsticks, $2.50/lb – Nat Bailey
- Nidhi’s Cuisine – 3 Baked Samosas for $11, 3 Chutneys for $21 – Hastings Park
- Pate Pastiche – Large pate, any flavour, $14 – Hastings Park, Nat Bailey
- Plenty Wild Farms – Winter Squash, $1.50/lb – Nat Bailey
- Poplar Grove Hazelnuts – $1 off Hazelnut Oil (1 per customer), 4lb bag of Rye Grain Berries for $10 (reg $12)
- Rockweld Farm – Minced Chicken Breast – Buy One Get 2nd One of Equal or Less Value 50% off – Hastings Park, Nat Bailey
- Small Pleasures – 50 cents off Small Cake Loaves, and $1 off Large Cake Loaves – Nat Bailey
- Take A Fancy Chocolate & Sweets – 10% off Chocolate dipped fruits – Cherries, Goldenberries, or Pineapple – Hastings Park, Nat Bailey
- The Hive – $2 off Tea Towels or Tote Bags – Hastings Park
- Three Feet Below – Jars of Sauerkraut, $9 (reg $10) – Hastings Park
- Trudy Ann’s Chai – Any four $5 bags of tea for $19 (reg $20), any three $10 bags of tea for $27 (reg $30), or any four $10 bags of tea for $35 (reg $40) – Hastings Park
Bring your card to the market and save!
We’re back! The Winter Farmers Market at Nat Bailey starts this week and will carry us through the cold, wet winter months through to spring again. We’ve heard that it’s not winter yet, though – there will be plenty of locally grown peppers, tomatoes, berries and greens on Saturday!
Don’t miss these vendors (they’re only around for a few weeks):
- Apple Lane Orchards: Rod brings specialty, heritage and cider varieties of apples along with his addictive juice and apple chips
- Stein Mountain Farms: Besides unbeatable carrots and onions, Ron and Erin also have a wide variety of heirloom apples – ask for some samples!
- Fruitguy farms: You might as well make an apple tour – check out Michael’s varieties of juices, chips and orchard fruits and tell us which you like the best…
The ‘other’ Winter Market: Have you heard? We’ve opened a trial market – Hastings Park Winter Market at the PNE on Sundays, 10-2 until November 30. If you can’t make it on Saturday (or you live across the bridge), check it out! A lot of the same vendors plus new favourites.
See you at the market!