Facebook Selfie Contest
- Facebook Selfie Contest: http://www.facebook.com/bcafm
- Entry phase: June 23 – July 7, 2014
- Voting: July 7 – July 21, 2014
- The BC-wide #FarmersMarketSelfie contest will serve as a showcase of the feel-good experiences people in BC are having at their Farmers’ Markets.
- Selfie entries can be made between June 23 until July 7. All BC residents 18 years of age and older are eligible to enter.
- How to enter: Snap a photo of yourself at any BC Farmers’ Market and submit it here:http://www.facebook.com/bcafm
- Promote your selfie to get the most votes! The selfie that gets the most votes wins a Bernardin Home Canning Starter Kit and $500 worth of delicious goods from your favourite BC Farmers’ Market.
- Added incentive: Each week five random winners will be selected from five regions of BC. Each of these random winners will take home a Bernardin Home Canning Starter Kit and $50 gift card to the BC Farmers’ Market of their choice.
On Saturday, June 21 at our Kerrisdale Farmers Market, Justice Minister Suzanne Anton announced that alcohol will now be able to be sampled and sold at farmers markets across BC. This announcement was one of many recommendations made as part of the Liquor Guideline Review undertaken last year by the provincial government.
Opening the door to sales of liquor at farmers markets offers small-scale producers the chance to sample and sell their products to local consumers and receive instant feedback that can aid in product development and encourage business growth.
We are looking forward to being able to offer our shoppers the opportunity to purchase wine, beer, cider and spirits at our markets. We are waiting to hear from the City of Vancouver for the directive to move ahead and hoping that it comes soon!
Once the details have been worked out, you’ll see a few stalls selling BC wine, beer or spirits alongside the produce and the baking at a farmers market near you.
We saw the return of the DonationStation on June 14th! Donations this season will be going to the Dr. Peter Centre food and nutrition program. This program allows Vancouver’s most vulnerable citizens to receive healthy, wholesome meals to help with taking HIV medication and other treatments so they can better manage their illness and lead healthy lives.
The program provides a complete and nutrient-dense menu that includes balanced portions of meat or alternatives, vegetables and fruits, whole grains, and dairy products. Any donation you can make is greatly appreciated, please consider filling a brown bag with fruit, vegetables, canned fish, nuts and eggs! Cash and market money are also accepted. For more information about the Dr. Peter Centre – visit their website at www.drpeter.org.
…and you’re all invited to our birthday party!
- When: Saturday, July 12, 9am-2pm (Speeches and cake around noon)
- Where: Trout Lake Farmers Market (north parking lot of John Hendry Park)
- Who: our founders, vendors, volunteers and you!
We’ll have all the best ingredients: good people, birthday cake and pictures from when we were young.
Here’s a few to get you started:
See you there!