What’s Fresh at Kitsilano – July 23
Cherries | Lettuce | Beets | Peas | Eggs | Chicken | Raspberries | Mushrooms | Apricots | Herbs | Kale | Cucumbers | Seafood | Collard Greens | Zucchini | Carrots | Cheese | Blackberries
Check out our In Season at the Markets blog to read about stone fruit and summer abundance!
CLICK HERE FOR THIS WEEK’S FULL KITSILANO VENDOR LIST
Evo Car Share will be at the market this week! Come and get 30 minutes and free membership, spin a prize wheel with swag and free minutes, and a draw box for more free minutes and swag!
Peach Kuchen Recipe
Despite having no German heritage, this recipe was a part of my childhood. It is incredibly easy and lets the peaches really take the stage.
- 1⅓ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ c. cold stick margarine
- 1 can peach halves (substitute for fresh peaches!)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 large egg
This specific recipe and all of the directions are from Woman’s Day, check them out!
Summer Market Schedules
- Trout Lake – Saturdays 9am-2pm – North Parking Lot, John Hendry Park
- West End – Saturdays 9am-2pm – 1100 Block of Comox St.
- Mt Pleasant – Sundays 10am-2pm – Dude Chilling Park, 8th & Guelph
- Main St Station – Wednesdays 2pm-6pm – Near Main St. Skytrain
- Downtown – Thursdays 11am-3pm – Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza
- Riley Park – Saturdays June 24, 10am-2pm – 50 East 30th Ave.
Get a complete list of this week’s Kitsilano Market vendors here.
Discover our six other summer market locations on our Markets Page.