What’s Fresh at Kitsilano – May 21
Kitsilano Farmers Market runs every Sunday, 10am-2pm until October 22
Produce: acorn squash, apples, beets, bok choi, broccoli, butternut squash, cabbage, carrots, celeriac, chard, collards, crimini mushrooms, daikon, delicata squash, eggplant, endive, fennel, fiddle heads, garlic, greenhouse cucumbers, greenhouse peppers, herbs, kabocha squash, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, mini peppers, mushrooms, napa cabbage, onions, parsnips, potatoes, pears, radicchio, radishes, rhubarb, rutabaga, salad mix, savoy cabbage, sorrel, spaghetti squash, spinach, shallots, sunchokes, heirloom tomatoes, turnips, wild mushrooms, winter squash
Meats, Seafood, Dairy: Beef, Halibut, Pork, Duck, Salmon, Turkey, Chicken, Cod, Cheese, Eggs, Tuna
Other: Apple Cider, Dried Fruit, Honey, Tulips, Frozen Berries, Juice, Yogurt, Preserves, Starter Plants
CLICK HERE FOR THIS WEEK’S FULL KITSILANO VENDOR LIST
Evo Car Share will be at the market this week! Come and check out their stall to ask them about evo and get a free membership. Car sharing is a also great way to get walk to the market without worrying about carrying your groceries home!
With spring in full swing and some days even feeling downright summery, seeing all the starter plants at the market is tempting and a great way to get a head start on your own garden. Farmer Koo has tons of options.
Now that you’ve bought them, how to ensure they do well at home?
Follow these steps and all will work out!
- Prepare the Soil: loosen, fertilize or compost and weed the soil
- Getting Used to the Great Outdoors: hardening off is the process of getting seedlings used to being outside in the cold and wind.
- Transplant! Dig a hole for your seedling in well-watered soil and set seedling in the hole, fill with soil and press gently, water and you’re done!
For more details and the source of these instructions, check out Mother Earth Living.
Summer Market Schedules
- Trout Lake – opens May 6, 9am-2pm – North Parking Lot, John Hendry Park
- West End – opens May 27, 9am-2pm – 1100 Block of Comox St.
- Mt Pleasant – opens May 28, 10am-2pm – Dude Chilling Park, 8th & Guelph
- Main St Station – opens May 31, 2pm-6pm – Near Main St. Skytrain
- Downtown – opens June 1, 11am-3pm – Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza
- Riley Park – *NEW* opens June 24, 10am-2pm – 50 East 30th Ave.
Get a complete list of this week’s Kitsilano Market vendors here.
Discover our six other summer market locations on our Markets Page.