What’s Fresh at Riley Park – July 1
Bring your friends and family and come spend Canada’s 150th Birthday at Riley Park! Lay on the grass with a popsicle or a tasty food truck lunch and enjoy some tunes from our buskers. We will also have all of your grocery needs for a Canada Day Dinner – a variety of meats and fish for the BBQ, vegetables and fruits, bread, wine, flowers, spirits and much more! What better way to spend Canada Day than supporting your local (BC) Canadian producers?
What’s in Season:
arugula, asparagus, bell peppers, carrots, cabbage, chard, cherries, collards, cucumber, garlic, garlic scapes, kale, leeks, onions, parsnips, potatoes, radish, rhubarb, raspberries, salad greens, shallots, spinach, spring onions, sprouts, strawberries, turnips
CHECK OUT OUR IN SEASON AT THE MARKETS BLOG FOR A FULL FRESH GUIDE.
- Rai Produce has sweet, juicy cherries! Come early to claim your bunch!
- Stop by Forbidden Fruit Winery for Tree Fruit and Grape wines from Similkameen Valley.
- Visit Greendale Meats truck for a great variety of meats raised in Greendale, Chilliwack.
- Pick up some Irises from Warmerdam Flowers.
GET A COMPLETE LIST OF THIS WEEK’S RILEY PARK VENDORS HERE
It’s Member Appreciation Day:
At all of our markets, the first market of every month is member appreciation day! VFM members can enjoy member discounts on a number of products on these days. If you don’t already have a membership, make sure to sign up at the information booth! Saturday’s specials at Riley Park include:
- 10% off Keta Salmon Filets at Blue Comet Seafoods
- $4 Cup of Chocolate at Coconama Chocolate
- 3 Bone Broths for $40 at Georels
- Free Garlic Scape Bunch with any purchase at One love Farm
- Buy 2 boxes of cherries and get $1 off at Rai Produce
- Buy 1 poppy bunch for $10, get a second for $5 at River and Sea Flowers
- 10% off Greek Donair Turkey, Broccoli Cheddar Chicken, or Tandoori Chicken/Mango Sausages at Stapleton Sausage Co.
Summer Markets Are Open!
Trout Lake – Saturdays 9am-2pm –North Parking Lot of John Hendry Park
Kitsilano – Sundays 10am-2pm – 10th Ave. & Larch St.
West End – Saturdays 9am-2pm – 1100 Block of Comox St.
Mt Pleasant – Sundays 10am-2pm – Dude Chilling Park, 8th & Guelph
Downtown – Thursdays 11am-3pm – Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza
Riley Park – *NEW* opens June 24, Saturdays 10am-2pm – 50 East 30th Ave.