What’s Fresh at the West End- June 3
The West End Farmers Market got off to a bright and sunny start last Saturday! We could not have asked for a better day to celebrate our 20th birthday, with speeches from community members and a delicious cake from Blackberry Hill. Thank you to everyone who came out to join the celebrations!
The long, wet winter this year meant that many growers had a late start to the season…but even with all that, we will still have a variety of fresh produce from our vendors this weekend!
Peonies, beets, salad greens, rhubarb, mushrooms, chard, turnips, onions, potatoes, eggs, salmon, honey…check out the full in season list here!
We have another exciting day at the West End Farmers Market ahead because this Saturday is Member Appreciation Day! Make sure to bring your membership card and keep an eye out for member special signs on vendor tents! Not a member? Sign up online, or at the information booth on market day! Some member specials that we already know of are:
- A Bread Affair: $1 off organic baguettes
- French Made Baking: $1 plain croissants (limit 2 per member)
- Le Meadow’s Jam: $1 off rhubarb jam
- Matthew Freed Ceramics: 10% off any mug
- Paul’s Produce: Frozen strawberries, 4lb bag for $7.99
- Scentimental Creations: free pumice stone with purchase of peppermint foot gel or scrub
- Take a Fancy Chocolates & Sweets: $1 off Fleur de Sel Caramels (reg. $8)
- Wayward Distillation House: 10% off all purchases
With hot summer days ahead, try using some of your market produce to flavour your water! Throw together one of these combinations in your bottle and have delicious water throughout the day.
- Make it sweet: sliced strawberries and basil
- Make it fresh: sliced cucumber and mint leaves
- Make it spicy: fresh ginger and a touch of honey
Summer Market Schedules
Trout Lake – opened May 6, 9am-2pm – North Parking Lot, John Hendry Park
Kitsilano – opened May 7, 10am-2pm – 10th Ave. & Larch St.
Mt Pleasant – opened May 28, 10am-2pm – Dude Chilling Park, 8th & Guelph
Main St Station – opened May 31, 2pm-6pm – Near Main St. Skytrain
Downtown – opens June 1, 11am-3pm – Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza
Riley Park – *NEW* opens June 24, 10am-2pm – 50 East 30th Ave.
Get a complete list of this week’s West End Market vendors here.
Discover our six other summer market locations on our Markets Page.
Looking to get involved? Consider volunteering at the market! It’s a great way to get involved and help develop a more sustainable food system. We invite you to sign up via our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and start volunteering this season!