Update: April 19, 2022
In light of the recent updates from the PHO office, effective April 8, VFM is moving away from our COVID-19 safety plan to a communicable disease plan.
Please read below for the remaining safety requirements for vendors:
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR VENDORS
Got Symptoms? Don’t Come (required)
- Any vendors that are sick with respiratory illness symptoms, gastrointestinal illness symptoms, or even mild symptoms of illness associated with COVID-19 must not be present at the farmers market and/or must leave the market immediately. The online COVID-19 self-assessment tool can be used to know when to seek healthcare and further information can be found on the BCCDC website. Contact Vancouver Coastal Health at 604-675-3900 for further guidance.
- Any foods that may have been contaminated by a food handler or staff member with respiratory illness symptoms, gastrointestinal illness symptoms, or even mild symptoms of illness associated with COVID-19 must not be brought to the farmers market and offered for sale.
Physical Barriers (optional)
- See COVID-19 Vendor Checklist for physical barrier examples should you choose to have one
- Physical barriers are an additional layer to keep you and your shoppers protected
- Face coverings remain optional at outdoor farmers markets but may be a layer of protection a vendor may consider when not behind a physical barrier (i.e. restocking, managing shopper capacity, etc)
Wash Hands (required)
- All vendors must have a wash station or hand sanitizer for vendor use
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Consider a person who handles payment cards only and another who handles food product
- You are encouraged to have hand sanitizer for you and shoppers that visit your stalls
Sanitize Surfaces (required)
- All vendors must have their own sanitizing solution for wiping surfaces
- Sanitize all high-touch surfaces frequently, including sales equipment and point of sale devices
- Use care when handling credit cards and allow shoppers to avoid touching mobile sales screen (sanitize these touch points often)
VFM currently does not have capacity limits at markets and we are working closely with our municipal and provincial partners to ensure markets remain safe & open.
FURTHER MEASURES STILL IN PLACE:
- VFM staff and volunteers may choose to wear face coverings in some settings
- Each Market will have at least one hand-washing station
- Hand sanitizer will be located at market entrances & exits
- VFM will continue posting multiple signs encouraging shoppers to shop safely
Other Changes & Resources
As our staff resources have shifted some of our regular activities have been moved online.
- We no longer are handing out green vendor sales slips. Please email your gross sales to: email@example.com within 48 hours of the market.
- If you have an outstanding invoice, we ask that you take advantage of e-transfers or Vancity member to member transfers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Keep your business operating safe during the pandemic by implementing important WorkSafe BC protocols – https://www.worksafebc.com/
The BCAFM has put together an extensive list of resources available for farmers and small businesses. https://bcfarmersmarket.org/bcafm-update-on-covid-19/
Please note that the status of our market operations can change at any time. We reserve the right to alter and/or close markets at any time if we feel that correct safety and physical distancing protocols cannot be met. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation with our municipal & provincial partners and provide updates as soon as we can.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation during this time.