Update: July 16, 2021
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REMAINING FOR VENDORS
Got Symptoms? Don’t Come
- Any vendors that are sick with respiratory illness symptoms, gastrointestinal illness symptoms, or even mild symptoms of illness associated with COVID-19 must not be present at the farmers market and/or must leave the market immediately. The online COVID-19 self-assessment tool can be used to know when to seek healthcare and further information can be found on the BCCDC website. Contact Vancouver Coastal Health at 604-675-3900 for further guidance.
- Any foods that may have been contaminated by a food handler or staff member with respiratory illness symptoms, gastrointestinal illness symptoms, or even mild symptoms of illness associated with COVID-19 must not be brought to the farmers market and offered for sale.
Stay Protected (you and shoppers!)
- Consider a physical barrier to keep protected from shoppers & fellow vendors
- It is encouraged you wear a face covering at stall when not behind a physical barrier (i.e. restocking, managing shopper capacity, etc)
- See COVID-19 Vendor Checklist for physical distance recommendations and examples
- All vendors must have a wash station or hand sanitizer for vendor use
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Using soap and water is the single most effective way of reducing the spread of infection.
- Consider a person who handles payment cards only and another who handles food product
- Please see this cash handing document for best practices.
- You are encouraged to have hand sanitizer for you and shoppers that visit your stalls
- All vendors must have their own sanitizing solution for wiping surfaces
- Sanitize all high-touch surfaces frequently, including sales equipment and point of sale devices
- Use care when handling credit cards and allow shoppers to avoid touching mobile sales screen (sanitize these touch points often)
CAPACITY LIMITS – REMOVED
VFM will no longer be limiting capacity at markets.
FURTHER MEASURES STILL IN PLACE:
- VFM staff and volunteers will wear face coverings where appropriate
- Each Market will have at least one hand-washing station
- Hand sanitizer will be located at market entrances & exits
- VFM will continue posting multiple signs encouraging shoppers to shop safely
- No seating areas
Other Changes & Resources
As our staff resources have shifted some of our regular activities have been moved online.
- We no longer are handing out green vendor sales slips. Please email your gross sales to: firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of the market.
- If you have an outstanding invoice, we ask that you take advantage of e-transfers or Vancity member to member transfers. Please email email@example.com for more info.
Keep your business operating safe during the pandemic by implementing important WorkSafe BC protocols – https://www.worksafebc.com/
The BCAFM has put together an extensive list of resources available for farmers and small businesses. https://bcfarmersmarket.org/bcafm-update-on-covid-19/
Please note that the status of our market operations can change at any time. We reserve the right to alter and/or close markets at any time if we feel that correct safety and physical distancing protocols cannot be met. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation with our municipal & provincial partners and provide updates as soon as we can.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation during this time.