Vendor Promo Toolkit
VENDOR PROMO TOOLKIT
Below is a list of resources to help you promote your business at the markets and connect with the VFM community on social media!
2020-2021 Winter Market Promo Materials: Our 2020-21 Winter Market web graphics, as well as some COVID safety graphics, can be found here. Printed copies of posters and leaflets can also be requested at the market info tent or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow and tag VFM on social:
Facebook – facebook.com/vanmarkets
Instagram – @vanmarkets
Twitter – @VanMarkets
Summer Markets: Trout Lake – #TroutLakeFM, Kitsilano – #KitsilanoFM, West End – #WestEndFM, Mt Pleasant – #MtPleasantFM, Main St Station – #MainStStationFM, Downtown – #DowntownFM
Winter Markets: Riley Park – #RileyParkFM, Hastings Park – #HastingsParkFM
Modified Market Hashtags: #BuyBC #FarmersMarketsAreEssential #SupportLocal #SupportYourLocalFarmer #SupportSmallBusinesses
Other Popular Hashtags: #vancouver #vancouverbc #vancity #vancouverisawesome #vancouvereats #vancouverfoodie #vancouverfood #vancouverevents #veryvancouver #dailyhivevan #yvr #yvrfood #yvrfoodie #yvreats #yvrevents #gastropostvan #buybc #vancouverfarmersmarkets #explorebc #eatdrinkbc
Some tips for using social media:
- Post to your preferred social channels each time you’re at the market. We also we recommend telling your customers where you’ll be 1-2 days before so they can plan their shopping trip.
- Use Instagram Stories to let people know what you’re bringing to the markets, particularly in season items or something new or exclusive. Check out Hootsuite’s guide to using IG Stories here.
- Show, don’t tell! Use the power of video to post behind-the-scenes market prep at your farm, kitchen or studio. Audiences also respond well to video tutorials on cooking, growing, recipes/food prep, and using seasonal produce. Get tips on video for social here.
- Use hashtags to build your audience and brand awareness – find an in-depth how-to guide here.
- Always use optimal image sizes for social so your photos don’t appear blurry or distorted.
- Wondering when to post to social? Read this article to discover the best times to post to each platform.
- Create great looking graphics that can be easily formatted for a variety of social platforms using Canva, a free online tool that helps you build flyers, event posters, infographics, and more.