<3 Food Truck Fest at Hastings Park - Feb 14th
Spread the Love at Hastings Park
What better way to spend Valentine’s Day than to enjoy a day at the farmers market. Grab a hot chocolate to share from West Best Coffee, mozy on over to check out our Valentine’s Day demos, grab a bite from your fave food truck and ask about their limited edition #MarketJar menu special, and of course show your farmers some love by picking up some fresh and healthy local produce.
Impress your honey with handmade chocolates and a farmers market inspired cocktail by stopping by our vendor demonstration tents! Coconama Chocolates will give you a glimpse into the chocolate making wizardry that makes his chocolates some of the best we’ve ever tried. Make sure to ask Taka lots of questions, he’s excited to share some of his expertise!
Odd Society Spirits will be whipping up a special Valentine’s Day cocktail for you to sample. Fall in love with it? Here’s the
“We’re Mint To Be”
cocktail by Odd Society Spirits + Mixers and Elixirs
- 1.5oz aged Odd Society vodka
- 0.5oz Mixers and Elixirs apple & mint shrub
- 0.75oz Klippers apple cider
- 0.25oz orgeat
- 5 mint leaves
- 2 dashes lemon marrackesh bitters
Shake all ingredients and pout into a tall glass, top with a small amount of soda. Add a fresh mint sprig as garnish and voilà, a homemade farmers market inspired cocktail for you and your valentine <3
Food Truck Festival – Week 2
It’s our second week of #FoodTruckFeb and we’re excited to feature seven of our favourite trucks! Check out our Facebook album from last week – don’t forget you can vote on your favourite market jar menu item at the Info Booth!
West Best Coffee Roasters
The Schnitzel Shack
The Kaboom Box
Feastro – The Rolling Bistro
Aussie Pie Guy
Tag your #MarketJar @vanmarkets #MarketJar #ZeroWaste #FoodTruckFeb on Instagram and be entered to win a Zero Waste Survival Kit! Find out more here.
- Healthy Habits Food Swap @ Hastings Park – February 28th: It’s time for another food swap and this time we’re turning over a new leaf and focusing on healthy habits for the new year! We’re encouraging all swappers to bring something with healthy twist – be it a nutty home-made granola or a batch of low sugar jam. Think about your favourite healthy treats and staples or try something new – now’s the time! New and returning swappers welcome! Only RSVP’d swappers may participate so click HERE to RSVP!
Connect with Us!
Keep connected with your favourite market and signup for weekly blog updates! Click here to sign up for Hastings Park or sign up for any of our other Vancouver Farmers Market newsletters.
Like our the Hastings Park Farmers Market Facebook page, tag your Instagram photos and Tweets @vanmarkets #HastingsParkWFM – help this market grow and spread the word!
Get involved by volunteering at the markets! We are looking for Market Hosts at Hastings Park – for more information, please visit our website here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the market!
For a complete weekly vendor schedule, check out our Weekly Market Map.