COVID-19 Update: we are looking for front-line volunteers at all of our summer markets to help us regulate entrances/exits, and manage line-ups. Fill out our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and sign up to the next volunteer orientation to get started.
Volunteering is a great way to get involved to help develop a more sustainable food system and help create vibrant farmers markets in Vancouver! Fill out our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and sign up to the next volunteer orientation to get started. There are a variety of opportunities to volunteer at Vancouver Farmers Markets and multiple markets to choose from.
- 30% off VFM merchandise while volunteering
- Free market money transactions while volunteering
- After 10 hours of volunteering receive one-year Cherry Tomato Membership
- After receiving a one-year Cherry Tomato Membership, receive 15% off VFM merchandise at any time and take advantage of monthly vendor deals on Membership Appreciation Day
- Market Money Counting volunteers receive $40 market money for every 4 shifts (June to October)
- For each shift volunteered in a month be entered to win one of two $40 monthly market money draws (excludes Market Money Counting shifts)
What VFM volunteers do:
- Create welcoming atmospheres at the markets
- Cover vendor breaks
- Assist market staff with market setup/teardown
- Educate kids and adults about seasonal produce
- Promote special events
- Accept donations to local food programs
- …and so much more!
How to Volunteer
- Make sure you meet the requirements:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be able to attend the orientation
- Be able to commit to at least six three-hour shifts or three months of volunteering
- Fill out our VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM
- Sign-up for and attend a volunteer orientation: We host monthly orientations in the summer and on an as-needed basis in the winter.
- Start volunteering! Most of our volunteer opportunities are 2.5 to 3hr shifts. Once you’ve completed a volunteer orientation, you can sign-up for and confirm shifts online.
Questions? Email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com