COVID-19 Safe Shopping
Do your part to keep everyone safe while shopping at Vancouver Farmers Markets during COVID-19
As we continue to implement measures to ensure everyone’s safety and keep Vancouver Farmers Markets open during the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask everyone to observe the following safety measures:
1. Stay home if you are sick, or think you’ve been exposed to COVID-19. Consider using the BC COVID-19 app to self-assess.
2. Practice physical distancing. Maintain 6ft. (2 m) of space between yourself and others at all times both inside the market and when waiting in line at market entrances.
3. Sanitize and/or wash your hands frequently. There is hand sanitizer available near the entrance of each market.
4. Shop, don’t stop. In order to reduce crowding and wait times for everyone, we ask that you shop as quickly as you can and avoid unnecessary interactions when inside the market. Consider shopping outside of peak market times – approx. 2 hours after the start of the market.
>>Want to skip the line and save time while shopping at the markets? Consider ordering ahead and picking up direct from your favourite vendors through VFM Online Orders.
5. Send only one household member to the market whenever possible. We’re functioning as an essential service, not a social gathering at this time. Please shop alone whenever possible, and avoid coming to the market in groups. Shopping alone helps traffic inside the market move more safely and efficiently.
6. Consider wearing a face covering to protect others when shopping at the market.
7. Use contactless payment. Tap your credit/debit card, or use exact change whenever possible.
Thanks for helping us keep everyone safe! We will continue to adapt our COVID-19 safety protocols, in close consultation with our municipal and provincial partners, as the circumstances of the pandemic evolve. A full list of COVID-19 safety measures can be found on the Vancouver Coastal Health website.