GET YOUR SHARE! – Jan 17
GET YOUR SHARE! We’re hosting our 3rd Annual CSA Share Fair this week. Interested in subscribing to a CSA but not sure what’s right for you? Come talk to the farmers, fishers and canners who offer them this Saturday at the Winter Market. Now’s the time to start thinking about it – get your share before it’s too late!
These farmers will be on site to answer questions:
- Blue Comet Seafoods – salmon, tuna, halibut, lingcod, rockfish, sablefish
- Crisp Organics – mixed vegetables & fruit
- Cropthorne Farm – mixed vegetables & eggs
- Klippers Organic Acres – mixed vegetables, tree fruit, preserves
- Rondriso Farms – mixed vegetables & fruit
- Shalefield Organic Gardens – mixed vegetables, fruit & berries
- Skipper Otto’s CSF – salmon, tuna, halibut, prawns, shrimp & crab
- Sole Food Street Farms – mixed veggies, greens
- Three Feet Below – canning CSA – pickles to jams, salsa to sauerkraut
- Urban Digs Farm – pasture-raised meats, eggs, fruits & vegetables
Don’t know what a CSA is? Community Supported Agriculture, often shortened to CSA, is a prepaid subscription to a farm’s produce for the season. Most CSAs give shareholders a weekly supply of veggies, herbs, fruits and sometimes even eggs and meat. You know it’s fresh and you get to meet the farm and people who grew your food! The prepaid CSA arrangements also makes it a source of financial security for the farmer. Some CSAs also incorporate farm workdays for shareholders. Pickup days vary by farm and some offer pickups at a VFM location.
CSAs have been very popular recently. Be sure to sign up early before subscriptions are filled! VFM vendors offer everything from pre-loaded ‘credit’ cards, beasty boxes, weekly fruits and veggies boxes and more. A subscription to a CSA makes a great gift too.
Check out our CSA Box Program page for farm and contact information.
See you at the market!
Check out this week’s full vendor list on our interactive market map