Have your say on the future of the West End Farmers Market
We are asking our friends and supporters in the West End community to add their voice to a discussion happening now that will effect the future of the West End Farmers Market.
The City of Vancouver is currently seeking input from the community to help refine draft project goals and develop conceptual designs for the future Bute Greenway, a project that has the potential to enhance the West End Farmers Market at Bute and Comox street.
We remain highly committed to keeping a farmers market in this community and want to ensure that this thriving space continues to serve the people of Vancouver by securing a permanent, and well resourced place in the West End area. But we need the help of West End Market supporters to highlight farmers markets as a priority in the Bute Greenway plans.
For this reason we are asking West End residents to complete the online survey HERE before it closes on December 13, 2021. We are calling on the City of Vancouver to consider the following requests in the project goals:
- Ensure the Greenway project has minimal impact on market operations (e.g. existing market layout, set up and take down)
- Provide essential amenities including: drinking water, power hookups, bike racks and improved public washrooms
- Opportunity for market expansion on to Bute Street to create additional vendor opportunities, entertainment, or seating
- Add accessible parking nearby
- Work with market representatives in any design changes at Bute & Comox St.
We thank all of our supporters for taking the time to complete this survey, please share it with your neighbours – your voices are crucial in determining the future of the West End Farmers Market!
There are other further upcoming disruptions scheduled in and around Nelson Park which we will share with you as we become aware of opportunities for feedback.
Have a question or feedback for Vancouver Farmers Markets in regards to the West End Farmers Market planning process? Email Randy Elliott – VFM Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the VFM office at 604-879-3276.