Senior’s Day at the Market – September 6th at Kerrisdale!
We’re celebrating seniors in September at Kerrisdale! Bring the whole family down for the day and enjoy all the fruits and veggies of our late summer harvest.
Seniors will receive great discounts all day at the market including:
- 10% off gluten-free baked treats from Marie’s Guilt-Free Bakery
- $2 off healthy camelina oil from Three Farmers
- 10% fresh local produce from Plenty Wild Farm in Pemberton, including peppers, tomatoes, onions, beets, herbs and lots more
- 15% off Vintage Sweets including fudge in classic flavours and decadent caramels
- FREE epic toppings (mushy peas & mashed potatoes) OR $2 off a box of frozen pies at the Aussie Pie Guy
- 2 bunches of spinach for $1.50 from Guichon Farm
- $1 off tarts, $2 off pies and $1 off cookies and granola bars – all irresistable – from Sweet Thea
- 10% total purchase, including peaches, apples, cherry juice and more, from Jobst-Hof Orchard
More specials to come so make sure to come down to the market to see what’s fresh for the day.
Registered nurses from the BC Nurses’ Union will be offering free blood pressure and blood sugar screenings to seniors and all shoppers, as well as guidance for follow-up on the results.
The Noble Hearing Institute will also be on-site offering free hearing screenings and free hearing aid testing & cleaning with Dr. Rahim Ghanbari.
Registered dietitian Ellie Holmes will be at the market from 11am – 1pm answering all of your diet questions – learn about how best to shop the market to maximize taste and nutrition! Ellie has extensive experience working with seniors and can address any food issues you might be concerned about. Ellie graduated from the UBC dietetics program and has been working with Westcoast Dietetics alongside a group of dietitians who specialise in elder’s nutrition issues and value the importance that nutrition plays at this stage of life. This fall Ellie is heading back to UBC to start her master’s degree. Her research will focus on food security and dietary quality in an upcoming project working with The Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
We’ve always got fresh hot coffee, hot food for lunch, baked goods and snacks, lots of seating and convenient parking nearby. Kerrisdale features local beer, wine and spirit vendors in addition to our usual line-up of all the best in local produce and artisan craft.
See you at the market!
See our interactive market map for a full vendor listing.