This Week @ Hastings Park January 24
Instagram Contest Giveaway
This week we’re giving away our Taste of Hastings Park prize pack to 3 lucky winners worth over $200! The prize pack includes:
- $50 Stapleton Sausage Gift Certificate
- Coconama Chocolates
- Fable Naturals Lip Balm
- OMG Original Mexican Gourmet Cajeta Trio Pack
- Gillesipie’s Fine Spirits Booze Witch Sipping Vinegars
- Mixers and Elixirs Nectarine Shrub
- Lita’s Mexican Foods Fresh Flour Tortillas
- Robin Ridge Winery Touque
- Oats from Cedar Isle Farms
- Take a Fancy Chocolates
- 3x Vancouver Farmers Market 20th Anniversary Canvas Tote Bags
- 3x Vancouver Farmers Market Travel Mugs
The winner will be picked on Thursday, January 21st at noon. Miss the deadline? Follow @vanmarkets on Instagram for up-to-date information and contest details!
What’s at the Market
This week we’re excited to have Lita’s Mexican Foods with their fresh flour tortillas, exclusively offered at Hastings Park! And in light of our Taste of Hastings Park Instagram giveaway, here’s a farmers market fresh taco with ingredients available this Sunday, January 14th:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion*
- 1 clove garlic*
- 3 cups butternut squash, diced 1/2 inch cubes *
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspons salt
- 4 cups chopped kale*
- Lita’s Mexican Foods flour tortillas
- Muy Rico Mexican Foods chipotle mayo
Filling: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium head. Add onions and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add squash and sauté for about 6-7 minutes until soft. Add kale, chili powder and salt and cook for about 1 minute until kale begins to wilt.
Prepare tortillas according to Lita’s Mexican Foods’ package directions.
Assemble tacos by placing filling on each tortilla and finish with Muy Rico chipotle mayo to taste – Enjoy!
Tell Us What You Think!
Regularly we like to check in with our shopper community to see how the markets are doing at delivering the experience you expect. We are asking for help from you to help us find areas in need of improvement and highlight the things we’re doing well. This survey offers us the opportunity to get more detail on things that are important to you as well as helping us find out more about you and your shopping habits. Click HERE to fill out our 2015 Shopper Survey today.
- Food Truck February – February 7th-29th: we’ll be doubling the number of food trucks in February for our annual Food Truck February. This year we’re making this our greenest Food Truck February yet with 3 prizes: Best Market Jar Menu Item, Top Market Jar Sales & Best Zero Waste Practices. Find out more HERE.
- Healthy Havibs Food Swap @ Hastings Park – February 28th: It’s time for another food swap and this time we’re turning over a new leaf and focusing on healthy habits for the new year! We’re encouraging all swappers to bring something with healthy twist – be it a nutty home-made granola or a batch of low sugar jam. Think about your favourite healthy treats and staples or try something new – now’s the time! New and returning swappers welcome! Only RSVP’d swappers may participate so click HERE to RSVP!
Connect with Us!
Keep connected with your favourite market and signup for weekly blog updates! Click here to sign up for Hastings Park or sign up for any of our other Vancouver Farmers Market newsletters.
Like our the Hastings Park Farmers Market Facebook page, tag your Instagram photos and Tweets @vanmarkets #HastingsParkWFM – help spread the market grow and spread the word.
Get involved by volunteering at the markets! We are looking for Market Hosts at Hastings Park – for more information, please visit our website here or email email@example.com.
See you at the market!
For a complete weekly vendor schedule, check out our Weekly Market Map.