This Week @ Hastings Park – January 31st
What’s at the Market
Dogwood Brewing is back this week after a short break after the holidays. Claire and Brendan Wilson use only organic and local ingredients in every one of their beers. Fill up your own growler or buy one of their beautiful growlers at the market this Sunday.
Have you tried Dickie’s Ginger Beer yet? Stephan brews a delicious, non-alcoholic ginger beer using simple ingredients: real ginger, cane sugar and fresh lemons. Enjoy it on it’s own or check out some of Stephan’s cocktail recipes here.
Nuez Fresh Organic Nutmilks are raw, fair-trade and cold pressed. Made fresh in Vancouver, Nuez’s nutmilks are unlike any nutmilk from a box with more real nuts and rich flavour.
Rainy Day Checklist
Don’t let the wet weather frighten you from the outdoors – we’re Vancouverites after all! The Hastings Park Winter Farmers Market is open rain or shine, with all the same selection you’ll find on a nice sunny day. Here’s a rainy weather checklist to help brave the rain and support local food and businesses on wet days at the market:
- Waterproof Shoes: the number 1 rule to staying warm, dry and happy on a rainy day at the market are waterproof shoes! Keep those socks dry and
- Rain Jacket: a great rain jacket is of course another key piece to keep dry. A nice, big hood can keep you dry and your hands free from having to hold an umbrella and your groceries.
- Sturdy, Reusable Bag: bring a bag that will be able to carry a decently heavy weight under wet conditions. Avoid paper bags or flimsy bags that might break when wet!
- Warm & Cozy Layers: sweaters, long sleeve shirts, toques, gloves, scarves, long socks – the more the better.
- Travel Coffee/Tea Mug: grab a mug with a tight fitting lid, fill it up at our coffee truck and stash it in your bag while you’re shopping at the market.
- Food Truck February – February 7th-29th: we’ll be doubling the number of food trucks in February for our annual Food Truck February. This year we’re making this our greenest Food Truck February yet with 3 prizes: Best Market Jar Menu Item, Top Market Jar Sales & Best Zero Waste Practices. Find out more HERE.
- Healthy Habits Food Swap @ Hastings Park – February 28th: It’s time for another food swap and this time we’re turning over a new leaf and focusing on healthy habits for the new year! We’re encouraging all swappers to bring something with healthy twist – be it a nutty home-made granola or a batch of low sugar jam. Think about your favourite healthy treats and staples or try something new – now’s the time! New and returning swappers welcome! Only RSVP’d swappers may participate so click HERE to RSVP!
Connect with Us!
Keep connected with your favourite market and signup for weekly blog updates! Click here to sign up for Hastings Park or sign up for any of our other Vancouver Farmers Market newsletters.
Like our the Hastings Park Farmers Market Facebook page, tag your Instagram photos and Tweets @vanmarkets #HastingsParkWFM – help this market grow and spread the word!
Get involved by volunteering at the markets! We are looking for Market Hosts at Hastings Park – for more information, please visit our website here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the market!
For a complete weekly vendor schedule, check out our Weekly Market Map.