Trout Lake Birthday Bash
This July marks the 20th season anniversary of the East Van/Trout Lake Farmers Market – the one that started it all for temporary, outdoor farmers markets in Vancouver! We’re planning on celebrating this wonderful milestone with a birthday party at Trout Lake, featuring cake, music, a special market story-telling & history booth and a few special speakers. We hope you can attend & celebrate 20 fantastic seasons with the Vancouver Farmers Markets board of directors, staff, and East Van/Trout Lake community of vendors, volunteers & shoppers.
Schedule of Events:
- 9am: Trout Lake Farmers Market opening bell
- 11:30am: The Drive Street Band plays the Trout Lake thoroughfare
- 12:00pm: Speeches from our founders and dignitaries
- 12:30pm: Eating birthday cake & dancing with the Drive Street Band
- 2:00pm: Trout Lake Farmers Market closing bell
- Story-telling & history booth with scrapbooks and photos from the last 20 years
- Memory Board where you can share your own stories and photos
- Find many of our founding vendors still selling at the market!
Got a story to tell but can’t make the event? Post it to our Facebook Event Page!