Trout Lake – June 20
It’s Salmon Celebration!
We’re celebrating the return of salmon season and the fact that we can now enjoy fresh salmon direct from fishers at farmers markets! Enjoy salmon-themed food truck creations, pick up a fresh, whole salmon caught in Barkley Sound, learn how to can, smoke and fillet salmon at home and more!
Ocean Wise and Salmon-Safe BC will be onsite to talk about their programs and how YOU can support salmon in BC by making salmon-friendly choices at the farmers market
Don’t miss these vendors
(all of them are Salmon-Safe Certified through Pacific Salmon Foundation!):
- Stein Mountain Farm: Ron and Erin are back and relatively unscathed from northern wildfires. Make sure to welcome them back to Trout Lake!
- Organic Farm Connection = Glorious Organics Co-op + Friesen Farm: You have been asking for @gloriousfarmers at the Info Tent, find their Organic Farm Connection sign and big tent
- Crisp Organics: This is the last week for Crisp at Trout Lake but you can still find them in East Van at the Mt Pleasant Farmers Market
- Klippers Organic Acres: You’ve seen their trailer – Buy Carrots, Save Salmon – ask them what it means!
- Little Qualicum Cheese: Cheese that saves salmon is about the best thing we could ever imagine. Bring on the crackers!
The Info Booth has moved!
We received direction from Parks to move our container and porta-potties this week. Come find our Info Booth in the middle of the market and look for the porta-potties on the east side by the Food Trucks (Curious? Find video footage from the move on @VFM_Laura Instagram and Twitter feeds)
See you at the market!