Trout Lake – Sept 6
It’s canning season! We’ve been trollying boxes of tomatoes, peaches and cucumbers for the past couple weeks, not to mention fragrant bunches of dill, the beginnings of apples and onset of winter squash! This season is what farmers markets were made for. Got a heavy load? Ask at the Info Booth about our Grocery Valet service.
Don’t miss these vendors:
- Bedrock Farms: Mary only comes once a year and this is her last! Mary says: “Beginning with this rocambole type of garlic in 1973, I have enjoyed sharing the bulb of premium-flavor & health-giving qualities with many. I happily pass the garlic torch onto the younger generation of farmers as this season ends. It also behooves me to encourage & wish backyard gardeners to grow their own too.”
- Bamboletta Dolls: Christina and her team of entrepreneurial moms handcraft dolls with all-natural materials and a whole lot of love!
- Maison Cote: JP has some of the most flavourful vinegars, salts, seasonings and rubs you’ll find on the West Coast. Perfect for a gourmet BBQ!
Check out some of this week’s member specials:
- Applebarn – $1 off 2 containers of Tomatoes, $1 off Eggplant Challenge
- Blue Comet Seafood – 10% off Sockeye Salmon Filets, $20 Whole Fresh Sockeye Salmon
- Farmer Koo – 2 Winter Pansy Packs for $6, reg. $7
- Poplar Grove Hazelnuts – $1 off Large Organic Hazelnut Spread, one per customer
- Purebread – 50 cents off any Loaf of Bread
- Small Pleasures – $1 off Large Cake Loaves and 50 cents off Small Cake Loaves
- Wenger Sheep Farm – 10% off Lamb Leg Roast, bone in
Not a member? Sign up online or at the Info Booth. You can help us keep running farmers markets in Vancouver neighbourhoos!
Share with Your Neighbours: Thanks to your generosity, we’re sending low-income families and seniors to the market with $1674.70. Thanks again for your support!
Farmers Appreciation Week is back and we’ve got contests!
- Ode to a Farmer: Celebrate our local farmers by submitting your best Ode to A Farmer by Sept 7 for a chance to win $150 to spend at the farmers’ market. Contest details
- #ThankaBCFarmer: Make something delicious with produce, meat or dairy products picked up at a BC farmers market. Tag photos #ThankaBCFarmer and you could win $50 to spend at any VFM Farmers Market. Contest Deadline: Monday, Sept 15
See you at the market!
Check out this week’s interactive market map for the full vendor list
Want this information sent to your inbox? Sign up at What’s @ The Market