VFM’s First-Ever ProAm Competition at Main Street Station Market
Here’s your chance to compete head-to-head alongside a couple of the most reputable chefs in town. Chef Alvin Pillay of the Blackbird Public House and Oyster Bar and Chef Nathan Lowey of Campagnolo are inviting aspiring chefs to partner with them in a friendly pro-am competition at the Main Street Station Farmers Market on September 24.
To enter for a chance to join either Team Pillay or Team Lowey, tell us what your signature dish is and which team you’d join with the hashtag #VFMProAm. Deadline to enter is Monday, September 22 and final selections will be made by Alvin and Nathan.
The winner will receive $50 gift certificates to both the Blackbird and Campagnolo restaurants.
Make sure to follow us on social media:
- Teams will be required to use 3 main ingredients in their dishes
- Teams will have 10 minutes to discuss what they think they should prepare/compile a shopping list
- Teams will have 20 minutes to shop around the market to get all the ingredients they need
- Teams will have 30 minutes to prepare the dish
- Must make enough to yield 5 samples for selected shopper judges
We’ll select 5 food blogger/food media personalities to judge the competition who will taste both teams’ dishes. Judging will be based on creativity, presentation, and flavour.