What’s Fresh at Kitsilano – May 14
Kitsilano Farmers Market runs every Sunday, 10am-2pm until October 22
Produce: acorn squash, apples, beets, bok choi, broccoli, butternut squash, cabbage, carrots, celeriac, chard, collards, crimini mushrooms, daikon, delicata squash, eggplant, endive, fennel, fiddle heads, garlic, greenhouse cucumbers, greenhouse peppers, herbs, kabocha squash, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, mini peppers, mushrooms, napa cabbage, nettles, onions, parsnips, potatoes, pears, radicchio, radishes, rhubarb, rutabaga, salad mix, savoy cabbage, sorrel, spaghetti squash, spinach, shallots, sunchokes, heirloom tomatoes, turnips, wild mushrooms, winter squash
Meats, Seafood, Dairy: Beef, Halibut, Pork, Duck, Salmon, Turkey, Chicken, Cod, Cheese, Eggs, Tuna
Other: Apple Cider, Dried Fruit, Honey, Frozen Berries, Juice, Yogurt, Preserves, Starter Plants, Growler Fills: Dickie’s Ginger, Persephone Brewing Company
CLICK HERE FOR THIS WEEK’S FULL KITSILANO VENDOR LIST
Electro Recycle is ready to accept over 300 small appliances while you shop the best in local flavours at Kitsilano Farmers Market. Have recycling questions? Ask their friendly staff onsite located near the information booth! For what they can accept please visit their website at electrorecycle.ca/
Get your bike tuned while you shop around the market with the UBC Bike Co-Op’s Cycling Resource Centre! The Bike Co-Op also collects bike accessory donations (bike lights, helmets, bells etc) for their Bici Libre program. Find out more about their program here.
Recipe of the Week
It’s rhubarb season in full swing! Check out these Rhubarb and White Chocolate Blondies:
- 1 pound rhubarb, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips, divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cup portions
Check out the instructions here.
Summer Market Schedules
Excited to be starting this summer market season! Looking forward to sunny warm days and the produce that comes with them. All our summer markets can be found here:
- Trout Lake – opens May 6, 9am-2pm – North Parking Lot, John Hendry Park
- Kitsilano – opens May 7, 10am-2pm – 10th Ave. & Larch St.
- West End – opens May 27, 9am-2pm – 1100 Block of Comox St.
- Mt Pleasant – opens May 28, 10am-2pm – Dude Chilling Park, 8th & Guelph
- Main St Station – opens May 31, 2pm-6pm – Near Main St. Skytrain
- Downtown – opens June 1, 11am-3pm – Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza
- Riley Park – *NEW* opens June 24, 10am-2pm – 50 East 30th Ave.
Get a complete list of this week’s Kitsilano Market vendors here.
Discover our six other summer market locations on our Markets Page.