What’s Fresh at Trout Lake – June 3
With Summer just around the corner, we’re starting to see the return of lots of our favourite produce at Trout Lake market. Visit Shalefield Organics for sweet organic Strawberries and head over to Pauls Produce for crunchy greenhouse cucumbers
Produce: beets, bok choi, broccoli, cabbage, celeriac, chard, collards, crimini mushrooms, daikon, eggplant, fennel, fiddle heads, garlic, greenhouse cucumbers, greenhouse peppers, herbs, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, mini peppers, mushrooms, napa cabbage, nettles, onions, parsnips, potatoes, radicchio, radishes, rhubarb, rutabaga, salad mix, savoy cabbage, sorrel, spinach, shallots, strawberries, sunchokes, heirloom tomatoes, turnips, wild mushrooms
Meats, Seafood, Dairy: Beef, Bison, Halibut, Pork, Duck, Salmon, Turkey, Chicken, Cod, Cheese, Eggs, Tuna
Other: Apple Cider, Dried Fruit, Honey, Frozen Berries, Juice, Pickles, Yogurt, Preserves
CLICK HERE FOR THIS WEEK’S FULL TROUT LAKE VENDOR LIST
THE TROUT LAKE FARMERS MARKET RUNS EVERY SATURDAY, 9AM-2PM UNTIL OCT 21
Member Appreciation Day! VFM members will enjoy free market money transactions and discounts at various vendors around the market. Learn more about our membership program and how you can support our non-profit organization HERE. Be sure to keep an eye out for the member special signs for deals all around the market such as these (and don’t forget that member card!)
- Gelderman – 5% Off all purchases
- KICS Lemonade – 50 cents off single bottles of Lemonade
- Nidhi’s Cuisine – Bake Samosas, 3 for $12 and New Corn Cakes 3 for $10
- Pauls Produce – Frozen Strawberries, 4lbs bag $7.99
Check out this weeks full list of member specials here
Ocean Wise will be onsite this weekend at Trout Lake answering questions for market shoppers. They are a program run out of the Vancouver Aquarium that works directly with restaurants, markets, food services and seafood suppliers to ensure they have the most current scientific information regarding sustainable seafood and to help them make ocean-friendly buying decisions. Stop by and ask their friendly staff any questions you may have.
Visit us at our other Summer Market locations opening soon all across the city!
Looking forward to sunny warm days and the produce that comes with them. Our other summer markets can be found here:
- Kitsilano – opens May 7, 10am-2pm – 10th Ave. & Larch St.
- West End – opens May 27, 9am-2pm – 1100 Block of Comox St.
- Mt Pleasant – opens May 28, 10am-2pm – Dude Chilling Park, 8th & Guelph
- Main St Station – opens May 31, 2pm-6pm – Near Main St. Skytrain
- Downtown – opens June 1, 11am-3pm – Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza
- Riley Park – *NEW* opens June 24, 10am-2pm – 50 East 30th Ave.
For more Info on the Trout Lake Farmers Market click here
Discover our six other summer market locations on our Markets Page.