What’s Fresh at Trout Lake – Oct 22nd
This is our final week for the Trout Lake Farmers Market! Make sure to come on over to stock up on all your favourite market products before the end of the season, and thanks for all your support!
We have one more Downtown Farmers Market next Thursday October 27th, then there will be one week off before the start of our winter market season.
- Nat Bailey Winter Market – Saturdays from Nov 5th – April 22nd
- Hastings Park Winter Market – Sundays from Nov 6th – April 30th
acorn squash, apples, basil, bell peppers, butternut squash, broccoli, brussels sprouts, bok choy, cantaloupe, carrots, celery, chard, cauliflower, cucumbers, corn, delicata squash, eggplant, fresh herbs, garlic, green onions, grapes, heirloom tomatoes, kale, leeks, potatoes, mushrooms, patty pan squash, pears, plums, pumpkins, radishes, raspberries, salad mix, tomatoes, turnips, watermelon
This week is a great one to buy meat and seafood, with more local, BC grown and harvested meat and seafood vendors than any week before!
- Vale Farms Grassroots: Certified organic meat from Lumby in the Okanagan.
- Urban Digs Farm: Meat raised in Metro Vancouver. Check out their recently opened butcher shop on Shaughnessy St.
- Skipper Otto’s: Ask them about their Community Supported Fishery – a link between consumers and family fishers.
- Rockweld Farm: SPCA certified, certified organic fed chicken and eggs from Abbotsford
- Estevan Tuna: Three varieties of BC caught canned Albacora tuna
- Empire Valley Premium Beef: Grass fed beef and lamb from the Empire Valley.
- Blue Comet Seafoods: Family owned business with a variety of frozen fish available.
Last week! Ready, set, SCAVENGE! Pickup your Salt Spring Coffee’s Edible Scavenger Hunt card and complete 5 activities to be entered to win Salt Spring Island swag, or $100 market money.
Our sponsor, Salt Spring Coffee will also be sampling their delicious cold brew coffee; last time they had a new citrus flavour, who knows what exciting flavour they will have on Saturday. Help us say thanks to them for all their support this market season!
Find us in the north parking lot of John Hendry Park / Trout Lake.
GET A COMPLETE LIST OF THIS WEEK’S TROUT LAKE FARMERS MARKET VENDORS HERE.