Yaletown – October 2 Last Day!!
Its the last Yaletown market of the season – can you believe it!? Summer has flown by and we are already heading into the winter season. We’ve got two winter markets for you this year: Hastings Park Winter Market at the PNE starting this Sunday, October 5 and the Winter Farmers Market at Nat Bailey Stadium starting November 1.
We’re celebrating our last market with Member Appreciation Day (MAD)! Don’t forget to bring your membership card! Not a member yet? Stop by our red Info Booth in the Bill Curtis Square to learn about all the benefits and to sign up – it’s quick and easy! Or you can sign up online! Don’t forget to ask your favourite vendors what their member specials are! Here are just a few of the specials you can look forward to:
- Beyond Bread – $2 off Any Loaf of Bread
- Blue Comet Seafood – 10% off Ocean Caught-Frozen at Sea Sockeye Salmon fillets and Whole Fish
- Cranberry Meadows – .50 cents off Small Basket, and $1 off Large Basket of Cranberries
- Cropthorne Farm – $1.50/lb (reg. $2) for Organic Winter Squash
- Frostbites – .50 cents off Any Cordial
- Ildiko Jewelry – $5 off Any Pair of Earrings
- The Jam Ladies – $1 off 2nd jar of Jam, Marmalade, or Hot Pepper Jelly
RIPE 2014 is less than a month away!
Sunday, October 19 – Roundhouse Community Centre
RIPE is VFM’s annual dinner fundraiser, a true celebration of the harvest that showcases the best of our producers paired with Vancouver’s top farm-to-table restaurants. We are thrilled to announce the 2014 roster to date, which includes Edible Canada, Vij’s Rangoli, Graze, and Forage, along with signature cocktails by VFM vendors Long Table Distillery and Odd Society Spirits, a special RIPE cask from R & B Brewery, and Okanagan wines from BC Wine Studio. Tickets are available online!
Last week of Surveys!
We’re asking our shoppers to share a little about who they are, what they care about, and how we can make the farmers markets better. Stop by our final dot survey this week and put in your two cents!
See you at the market!