Meat Your Maker – March 21
We all have questions about where our food comes from and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the information out there. Terms like local, ethical, grass-fed, organic, organic-fed, free range can quickly become confusing… time to clear that up!
Learn about the meat you are eating by talking directly to the farmers who are raising it. Our meat producers tell how their animals are raised, what their lives are like, what they eat, and how they end up at the market. These family farmers know their animals better than anyone and are happy to answer your questions. As Urban Digs Farm puts it, according to their website, “We help people know their food so they can make informed choices that reflect their values.”
Join us at the Winter Market on March 21 to talk to our 12 meat producers’ onsite about their animals, practices and products!
- Pick up one of our handy Meat Directories to find information (including summer markets!) on your favourite vendors and maybe you’ll even discover a new one!
- Learn about the BC SPCA’s farm certification program, SPCA Certified, and the VFM meat producers…
- Check out our meat demos (look for the demo tent):
- Sausage Making @ 12pm
- Meat Cutting Demo @1pm
Meat Vendors onsite March 21 include:
- Blue Comet Seafoods
- Empire Valley Premium Beef
- Estevan Tuna Co.
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm
- Fresh Off The Boat Ocean Foods
- Gelderman Farms Ltd.
- K & M Farms
- Langley Organic Growers
- Rockweld Farm Ltd.
- Sawmill Bay Shellfish Company Ltd.
- Sleeping Mountain Organic Farms
- Urban Digs Farm
Download our Meat Your Maker Directory to find product and contact info for farmers, ranchers and fishers at VFM markets