“From the very first community meeting in February 1995 at which the East Vancouver Farmers Market was born, to the founding group of organizers, to those who support our farmers markets throughout the city today, the Vancouver Farmers Markets would not thrive as they do without the hard work and dedication of our volunteers.”
–Tara McDonald, Executive Director
Volunteering is a great way to get involved and help develop a more sustainable food system. We invite you to sign up via our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and start volunteering this season! There are a variety of opportunities to volunteer at Vancouver Farmers Markets and eight different markets to choose from.
- Create welcoming atmospheres at the markets
- Cover vendor breaks
- Establish pedestrian-safe market zones
- Educate kids and adults about seasonal produce
- Promote special events
- Accept donations to local food programs
- …and so much more!
How to Volunteer
- Make sure you meet the requirements:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be able to attend the orientation
- Be able to commit to at least six three-hour shifts or three months of volunteering
- Fill out our VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM: Once you fill out the form, you can sign up for an orientation and browse upcoming opportunities with Vancouver Farmers Markets
- Sign-up for and attend a volunteer orientation: We host orientations on the third Tuesday of every month. Make sure to sign-up before they fill up!
- Start volunteering! Most of our volunteer opportunities are 2.5 to 3hr shifts at our farmers markets. Once you’ve completed a volunteer orientation, you can sign-up for and confirm shifts online.