Announcing! Judge’s Choice Award
Our panel of 3 esteemed judges sampled all the Market Menu items (rough job!) and decided on their favourites. Items were judged on appearance, use of local ingredients, taste and originality. Scores are out of 5 stars. Read on for the Top 10 Food Trucks at VFM’s Food Truck Feb!
10. Blue Smoke BBQ | the Juicy Lucy | 4
Golden Bun made specific for this. Handmade mac + cheese great taste compliment. Everything about that sandwich was fantastic! Beyond juicy! Their extra mac + cheese was my toddler’s fave
10. Yolk’s Breakfast | Pork Confit | 4
Looks good, egg done perfectly. Could/would happily eat that for breakfast every single day
9. Aussie Pie Guy | Pork Tourtiere | 4
Light, rich crust golden brown, not too moist but not too dry. The blueberry added a surprise depth when encountered. I love it when blueberries are added to a savoury dish!
8. The Schnitzel Shack | Schnitzel Madley | 4
Thoughtful presentation and attention to details. Schnitzel lived up to expectations and the edible bowl was brilliant.
7. West Best Coffee | Honey Cinnamon Latte & Fruit Soothies | 4
Thoughtfully and lovingly constructed with particular attention to local
6. Soho Road Naan Kebab | Veg Sabji & Rice Pudding | 4.5
Careful & lovely presentation. Fresh naan on the truck. Brilliant! Warm, local honey rice pudding a good touch
5. Culver City Salads | Crisp Collard Caesar | 4.5
Tons of great & different flavours & textures
4. Guanaco Salvadoran Cuisine | Campesino Breakfast | 4.5
Kind & hospitable! Beautiful presentation & mix of flavours. Beans and egg runny to perfection | MMM that spicy chorizo! The best value of any food truck at the festival!
3. Creperie La Boheme | the TASTY beet | 5
Golden, crispy crepe with a bouquet of ingredients & taste. Nice tang of the vinaigrette leading to contrasting with the smoked beef
2. JJ’s Trucketeria | the Harvest Shaker | 5
Thoughtful presentation. Clean, layered flavours. The gnocchi were like little potato pillows & the greens were the perfect compliment
1. Le Tigre | Very Gouda Veggie Gratin | 5
A fountain of green yummy. Top to bottom the landscape changes. As always, filling, fresh & delicious!