Canada Day at the West End Farmers Market!
It’s almost Canada Day!!! So make sure to gather all the goodies you need for the beach and BBQ at the West End Farmers Market. Don’t miss kale crunches from The Raw Guy or hummus from BobAli Hummus, Pestos, and Tapenades for some quick beach snacks or Wild Foraged for delicious mushrooms to throw on the BBQ!
Strawberries | Garlic Scapes | Raspberries | Salad Greens | Mushrooms | Chard | Turnips | Radishes | Potatoes | Zucchini | Eggs | Cheese| Seafood | Honey…Check out the full IN SEASON LIST HERE!
Member Appreciation Day!
Bring you membership cards because this Saturday is also Member Appreciation Day! Keep an eye out for member special signs on vendor tents for some good deals! Here are some of the deals we already know of:
- Aussie Pie Guy: $3 off one pie
- Blue Comet Seafoods: 10% off Keta salmon fillets
- Gelderman Farms: 5% off all purchases
- Kiki’s Kitchen: $1 single jar of soup ($10/each) or 3 jars for $30
- Klipper’s Organic Acres: $50 off/night guest suites when booked directly
- Maan Farms: buy 2 bottles of Estate Wines and get a free small basket of raspberries
- The Raw Guy: 2 for $7 kale crunches (regularly $5 each)
Not a member? Sign up online, or at the information booth on market day!
Try This: Strawberries and Cream Popsicles for Canada Day!
Cool off and take advantage of all the amazing fresh strawberries with these simple strawberries and cream popsicles!
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Puree strawberries and 1 tbsp of honey in a food processor, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine coconut milk, vanilla extract, and 2 tbsp of honey.
- Fill your popsicle molds, alternating between the strawberry puree and the coconut mixture, until the molds are filled.
- Freeze until frozen (of course…), about 5-8 hours. Enjoy!
Evo Car Share will have a booth set up at the West End this weekend. Take advantage of their great sign up promo for market shoppers – free membership + 30 mins driving!
West End’s 20th Birthday Promo!
To celebrate the West End’s 20th birthday, we will be having weekly draws for $20 of market money! What do you have to do to enter? Come by the info booth on Saturday to sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Summer Market Schedules
Trout Lake – opened May 6, 9am-2pm – North Parking Lot, John Hendry Park
Kitsilano – opened May 7, 10am-2pm – 10th Ave. & Larch St.
Mt Pleasant – opened May 28, 10am-2pm – Dude Chilling Park, 8th & Guelph
Main St Station – opened May 31, 2pm-6pm – Near Main St. Skytrain
Downtown – opened June 1, 11am-3pm – Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza
Riley Park – opened June 24, 10am-2pm – 50 East 30th Ave.
Get a complete list of this week’s West End Market vendors HERE.
Discover our six other summer market locations on our MARKETS PAGE.
Looking to get involved? Consider volunteering at the market! It’s a great way to get involved and help develop a more sustainable food system. We invite you to sign up via our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and start volunteering this season!