February Food Truck Fest @ Hastings Park – Feb 7
We’re excited for our first ever February Food Truck Festival at Hastings Park! We will feature double the amount of food trucks every week of February and challenging our food trucks to make this our greenest Food Truck February yet by asking the food trucks to make a “Market Jar” menu item. The Market Jars are mason jars with a reusable cozy available for $5 at our Food Truck Fest Info Booth – Market Jar and meal sold separately. Find exclusive menu items that are only available at the Vancouver Farmers Markets including Pepper Steak and Ale Stew, Deconstructed Breakfast Tacos and a Salad in a Jar! Ask your favourite food truck for their #MarketJar menu item.
Food Trucks This Week:
- The Bean Buggy
- Disco Cheetah
- Super Thai Food
- The Schnitzel Shack
- REEL Mac and Cheese
- Feastro – The Rolling Bistro
- Old Country Pierogi
Thanks to Wells Cans for providing the market jars!
What’s at the Market
It’s the dead of winter and there’s still a wide variety of produce available at Hastings Park. Find crisp apples from Klippers Organic Acres, fresh kohlrabi from Crisp Organics, local kiwis from Petrov Kiwis, sprouts from Shalefield Organic Gardens, leafy greens from Cropthorne Farm – everything you need for eating local and in season.
Locovore Super Bowl Sunday
Serve up some locally inspired bites at your Super Bowl Sunday Party. Here are a few suggestions to please everyone:
- Chips + Salsa from Muy Rico
- Cropthorne Potatoes wrapped in Urban Digs Bacon (simply slice potatoes into wedges, wrap in bacon, bake at 425°F for 30-35 minutes)
- Klippers Carrots with BobAli Hummus
- Australian Meat Pies from The Pie Company
- Treats for your Sweets – February 14th: This Valentine’s Day take a trip to Hastings Park with your sweetie and learn how to make chocolates from Coconama Chocolates and a delicious farmers market fresh cocktail from Odd Society Spirits.
- Healthy Habits Food Swap @ Hastings Park – February 28th: It’s time for another food swap and this time we’re turning over a new leaf and focusing on healthy habits for the new year! We’re encouraging all swappers to bring something with healthy twist – be it a nutty home-made granola or a batch of low sugar jam. Think about your favourite healthy treats and staples or try something new – now’s the time! New and returning swappers welcome! Only RSVP’d swappers may participate so click HERE to RSVP!
Connect with Us!
Keep connected with your favourite market and signup for weekly blog updates! Click here to sign up for Hastings Park or sign up for any of our other Vancouver Farmers Market newsletters.
Like our the Hastings Park Farmers Market Facebook page, tag your Instagram photos and Tweets @vanmarkets #HastingsParkWFM – help this market grow and spread the word!
Get involved by volunteering at the markets! We are looking for Market Hosts at Hastings Park – for more information, please visit our website here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the market!
For a complete weekly vendor schedule, check out our Weekly Market Map.