In Season: Vegan Creamy Mushroom Zucchini Pasta
This easy, creamy, one-pot vegan pasta comes from our friends at Vegans of Vancouver. It is BURSTING with umami flavours and stars an array of Vancouver Farmer Market ingredients including; Blue Heron Herb & Garlic Vegan Cheese, BC Garlic, Whistler Harvest Velvet Oyster Mushrooms, and sweet Yellow and Green Zucchini.
This nutritious, flavourful, comforting dish will require 30 minutes of your time in the kitchen. Great for the summer months in Vancouver where we’d rather spend our time enjoying the great outdoors!
Vegan One-Pot Creamy Mushroom Zucchini Pasta (GF Option)
- 3 cloves of BC Garlic or 6-8 pieces of pre-sliced freeze dried garlic | slice
- 1 Blue Heron Herb and Garlic Cheese
- 8 oz of Whistler Harvest oyster mushrooms | 200g; sliced
- 2 large (yellow and green) zucchini | 500g; sliced
- 8 oz dry pasta of choice | 225g
- 2 cups water | 450g
- Optional 1/2 vegan bouillon cube or use salt to taste
- 1 tsp black and/or white pepper | to taste
Find these vendors and products using our Product/Vendor Search Tool.
- In a pot, heat some oil and sauté the garlic and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Stir well. Cook for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms have released some of their water.
- Add zucchini, pasta, and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 12-15 minutes, then add in garlic and herb cheese and vegan bouillon.
- Cook for 5-8 more minutes, or until the pasta and cheese has cooked through. Mix ingredients thoroughly. Season with black and/or white pepper to taste. Serve hot.
For more vegans recipes and food stories, follow @vegansofvancouver on Instagram!
Banner photo: Vegans of Vancouver