Trout Lake – August Long Weekend!
It’s the BC Day Long Weekend and we know some of you are sticking around your sprinklers, shaded patios and kiddie pools. The weather man tells us it’ll be a touch cooler this weekend, so come out to the lovely Trout Lake Farmers Market for a stroll and local food stock-up!
We’re celebrating Member Appreciation Day – members are those shoppers who believe in what we’re doing, want to keep seeing farmers markets in their neighbourhoods, and come back week after week to support the local food system in BC. Here are some of the ways our vendors are saying thanks:
- A Bread Affair – $1.00 baguettes
- Albert’s Herbs and Nursery – 5o cents off bunches of Kale
- Blue Comet Seafoods – 10% off fresh Barkley Sound sockeye fillets & whole fish
- Cookies By Miri – Buy 3 Cookies, get the 4th free
- Fresh Off the Boat – 10% off Spring Salmon
- Rooted Nutrition – Cultured Food, $1 off /jar(reg $9), or 3 for $22! (save $3)
Not a member? You can sign up for your Cherry, Heirloom or Beefsteak Tomato membership online or at the Market Info Booth.
Speaking of Tomatoes… August 24th marks our annual Tomato Festival and this year we’re celebrating the sweeter side of tomatoes (think pies, jams and gelato). Stay tuned for more details.
See you at the market!
See this week’s interactive market map for the full vendor list
Want this information sent to your inbox? Sign up at What’s @ The Market