West End – June 27
Thinking about going to the beach?
It’s going to be a hot weekend and if your thinking about going to the beach stop by the market before you do. You’ll be happy you did when you return home after a long day with a fridge fill of fresh local food. We even have great snacks to take with you – baskets of berries, cherries and even apricots make for a refreshing snack on a hot day.
If you’re thinking of a summer BBQ, we’ve got Geldermans quality pork and Blue Comets fresh sockeye salmon along with lots of colourful veggies that will grill up nicely.
Want to cool down while you’re at the market? We’ve got tasty popsicles that will do just that – look for the Johnny’s Pops bicycle cart.
#VFM20 Instagram Contest – Week 4
The last week – don’t miss your chance at $100 in Market Money!
This is the fourth and final week of our Instagram photo contest and this week’s theme is: What’s in Season? This is a great opportunity to get a shot of all the seasonal delights that make it to the West End every week.
Here’s what you need to do –
- Follow @vanmarkets on Instagram
- #VFM20 your photos
- Add a caption about this week’s theme
- Get your friends and followers to like your photo
Entry with the most likes, wins! All details here.
Food Scraps Drop Spot
Don’t forget to bring your food scraps down to the market to be composted.
In order to keep the Farmers Market Drop Spots open all summer, we need to collect $100/market to cover hauling fees. Here’s what to do:
- Are you a dropper? Donate at least $2 every time you drop.
- Not a dropper? Donate to keep the program going
- Want to volunteer? We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to share the Drop Spot love. Sign up to volunteer today!
See you at the market!