Your Guide to a Locally-Sourced Seder Plate
Come by the Nat Bailey Farmers Market to get some fresh ingredients for a locally-sourced Seder Plate in time for your second seder this Saturday night!
- For your Beitzah: Pick up some organic eggs from Earth Apple Farm, Rockweld Farm or The Farmhouse.
- For your Charoset: Visit Klippers Organic Growers, Golden West Farms, or Harvey’s Orchards to choose some apples.
- For your Maror: Stop by Lowland Herb Farm’s stall to get some freshly dug horseradish from Farmer Boni!
- For your Karpas: Parsley isn’t quite in season yet, however our farmers have a couple of other options – Cropthorne Farm has a variety of leafy greens and Rondriso Farms has potatoes.
- For your Zeroa: You can get chicken from Goldwing, Rockweld Farm or K&M Farms!
Additionally, to brighten up your dinner table you can also grab some daffodils from Bryan and Agnes Warmerdam Specialty Daffodils or some tulips from Warmerdam Flowers. We hope you have a lovely holiday with your friends and family!
Not Jewish and interested in the significance of the seder plate for Passover? Visit: https://www.chabad.org/holidays/passover/pesach_cdo/aid/1998/jewish/The-Seder-Plate.htm