Berry Fest at Main St Station! July 12
Berries, Berries, Berries!
Join us at Berry Festival and celebrate the berry best season! Find berry recipes, limited-edition berry items and taste berries from our local farmers including Sull Farms, Shalefield Organic Gardens, Mandair Farms & Maan Farms.
A few berry-filled treats to look forward to:
- Blueberry Pakoras from Mandair Farm
- Blueberry Pierogies from Old Country Pierogi
- Verrry Berrry Shrub from Mixiers & Elixirs
July Fresh Guide
Blueberries | Garlic Scapes | Raspberries | Lettuce | Turnips | Radishes | Eggs | Chicken | Patty Pan Squash | Herbs | Kholrabi | Cucumbers | Seafood | Collard Greens | Cherries | Cheese | Grass Fed Butter | Strawberries
Check out our In Season at the Markets blog for a full market fresh guide.
Get a complete list of this week’s Main St Station vendors here
Recipe of the Week: Pan Seared Salmon with Blueberry Reduction
4 (6-oz.) wild salmon fillets, skin on – from Blue Comet Seafood
2 tbsp. coconut oil
¼ cup chicken broth
¼ cup dry white wine
salt-free garlic powder
2 tbsp. shallots, minced
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Season with freshly ground pepper and garlic powder.
- In skillet over medium heat, warm oil. Place salmon in skillet with skin side down and cook for two minutes. Flip salmon and cook for two additional minutes (or longer if preferred).
- Transfer salmon to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add shallots to skillet and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in broth and wine and bring to a simmer, using spatula to scrape up browned bits.
- Add berries; mash with spatula.
- Remove skillet from heat and let mixture cool slightly. Pour mixture into food processor and puree.
- Spoon mixture on top salmon and serve with your favorite fresh veggies
Recipe Source: Blue Comet Seafood