Food Truck February – Week 2!
Food Truck February continues for its second week of tasty eats wtih zero waste! We’ve got 16oz wide-mouth mason jars and some fun (& practical!) limited edition VFM cozies to fill up at a food truck of your choice! Pick up your jar and cozy for only $5 and fill it with the #MarketJar item that gets those taste buds moving!
We saw some really tasty and creative #MarketJar items last week and are excited to for the second week ahead! Here’s a few #MarketJar items you can expect to see this Saturday at Nat Bailey:
- Melt City Grilled Cheese: This grilled cheese will be served up on stick with a delicious soup to be dipped in!
- Soho Road Naan Kebab: The team at Soho Road have launched a second truck called the Tiffin Walla that fits well with reducing packaging waste at food trucks by serving up lunch in reusable tiffins! They’ve got lots of vegan and gluten free options but make sure you try their spicy channa masala!
- West Best Coffee Roasters: Warm up at the market by stopping by West Best Coffee and fill up your #MarketJar with their featured Maple Syrup Latte.
- Yolk’s Breakfast: Featuring a yogurt parfait with layers of house-made granola, yogurt and fruit compote!
Don’t forget to take a picture of your #MarketJar, post it on Instagram, tag @vanmarkets and you’ll be entered to win a farmers market #ZeroWaste survival kit!
Pickling, Fermenting, Dehydrating & Smoking Demos
The canning pro’s at Wells Can are onsite all month to talk home food preservation! This weeks focus is on Pickling, Fermenting, Dehydrating & Smoking. Stop by and talk to these folks about recipes, kombucha, sauerkraut, and much more! They’ll also be doing –
- On-Site Calibration & Repair: Pressure Canners & Can Sealers
- Make your own Tin Can Coin Bank
The Donation Station returns at the Nat Bailey Winter Market for its second week! We’ve partnered with the Little Mountain Riley Park Neighbourhood Food Network to get fresh food to neighbours in need! For more details including benefiting programs and accepted items click here.
See you at the market!