What’s Fresh at Hastings Park – April 2
Hastings Park Winter Market runs every Sunday, 10am-2pm until April 30
Ossome Acres: Certified Organic pea sprouts, sunflower sprouts, eggs, walnuts, beets, carrots, dandelion greens, kalettes
Paul’s Produce: onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, beets, leeks, frozen berries, cucumbers
VFM Direct*: eggplant, parsnips, potatoes, microgreens, dried wild mushrooms, white onions, apple juice
Blue Comet Seafoods: flash frozen at sea black cod, halibut, salmon, tuna, canned sockeye salmon, canned smoked pink salmon, canned albacore tuna, canned smoked albacore tuna, cold smoked sockeye lox-sliced, cold smoked white spring chunks, hot smoked spring-peppered and natural, springs salmon maple nuggets, salmon candy
Greendale Meats: beef, pork, turkey
Rockweld Farm: chicken, eggs
Specialty Farm Products
Bryan & Agnes Warmerdam: specialty daffodils
Golden Ears Cheesecrafters: grassfed butter, velvet brie cheese, jersey blue cheese, gouda cheese, havarti cheese, cheese curds
Valley Gold Bee: clover honey, blueberry honey, raspberry honey
The Promised Land Farm: Wild Harvest nettles, dried chantrelle mushrooms, dried pine mushrooms, dried lobster mushrooms, sorrel, spouts, sun chokes, dried kombu seaweed
View a complete list of weekly vendors here
Veggie of the Week: Dandelion Greens
Far from your average garden weed, dandelion greens are packed full of nutrients including calcium and iron. These greens are delicious additions to spring salads, they blend well in smoothies and are tasty sauteed. Pickup a bunch this Sunday from Ossome Acres! Need dandelion inspiration? Try this Dandelion Green and Leek Omelette recipe from The Feed Feed.
Membership Appreciation Day!
- A Bread Affair – $1 Organic Baguettes
- Blue Comet Seafood – 10% off Haida Gwaii whole frozen at sea, coho and pink salmon
- Cedar Isle Farm – $1 off Organic Cold Rolled or Steel Crimped Oats
- Coconama Chocolate – $1 off Cups of Chocolates
- Cowichan Pasta Co – Buy 3 Boxes of Pasta, get one Free
- Golden Ears Cheesecrafters – Buy $30.00 worth of product and get a free bag of cheese curds
- Ildiko Jewelry – $10 off Any Necklace and Earring set
- Pauls Produce – Buy two bottles of pure Berry Juice and get the 3rd bottle free
- Roaster’s Hot Sauce – Buy any 2 Hot Sauces and get 3rd free
- Spark Kombucha – 1$ off growler fills
- Tempea Natural Foods – Handmade tempeh – $6 for 300g & $4.50 for 200g pack
- Wayward Distillation House – Spirits of Summer series including Raspberry & Ginger Vodka and Strawberry & Basil Liqueur, 10% off for members
Whole Foods Giving Day
On Wednesday, April 5th, Whole Foods Market will donate 5$ of sales to Vancouver Farmers Markets to expand the Fresh to Families project – a healthy eating initiative for low-income families and seniors in BC that supports small farms and producers across the province.
VFM Direct connects local farmers and producers with chefs and food service buyers through an online marketplace and delivery services. Keeping the farmer in the equation means sales to wholesale customers are more financially viable. VFM Direct works with buyers from restaurants, food service companies and retail across Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley and was started in 2015. This weekend, is pooling crops from local farms that can’t make a stall financially feasible with a limited amount of produce so they’re aggregating their product for Hastings Park! Check their stall out this weekend and learn more about the program and the farmers VFM Direct supports.
Help Spread the Word!
Help Hastings Park Winter Market GROW! Tell your friends, share our Facebook page & tag your photos @vanmarkets #HastingsParkWFM.
See you at the market!