What’s Fresh at Kitsilano – June 18
Stawberries | Garlic Scapes | Lettuce | Turnips | Radishes | Peas | Eggs | Chicken | Mushrooms | Herbs | Kale | Cucumbers | Seafood | Collard Greens | Carrots | Cheese
CHECK OUT OUR IN SEASON AT THE MARKETS BLOG FOR A FULL MARKET FRESH GUIDE.
CLICK HERE FOR THIS WEEK’S FULL KITSILANO VENDOR LIST
Evo Car Share will be at the market this week! Come and get 30 minutes and free membership, spin a prize wheel with swag and free minutes, and a draw box for more free minutes and swag.
Vegetable Feature – Garlic Scapes
Garlic Scapes are one of those perplexing greens once a year, they taste great but what are you going to do with them? Head on over to Serious Eats for ideas and a recipe including Garlic Scape Pesto, Grilled Scapes, Scape Hummus! Find your scapes at BC Garlic Growers in the Kits Cafe on the South end of the market for their first market of the season, or at a number of other farms all throughout the market!
Summer Market Schedules
- Trout Lake – Saturdays 9am-2pm – North Parking Lot, John Hendry Park
- West End – Saturdays 9am-2pm – 1100 Block of Comox St.
- Mt Pleasant – Sundays 10am-2pm – Dude Chilling Park, 8th & Guelph
- Main St Station – Wednesdays 2pm-6pm – Near Main St. Skytrain
- Downtown – Thursdays 11am-3pm – Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza
- Riley Park – *NEW* opens June 24, 10am-2pm – 50 East 30th Ave.
Get a complete list of this week’s Kitsilano Market vendors here.
Discover our six other summer market locations on our Markets Page.